Monday, March 3, 2008

Popping Fun Lab

Popping Fun!!!! :)

In science class we did a "popping fun lab." In this lab we used a test tube, baking soda, a cork screw, vinegar, and water. What we had to do was pour the right amount of vinegar and baking soda into the test tube to make the cork screw fly and hit the window in the classroom.

In my opinion this lab was REALLY fun! I might even want to do it at home sometime. But not inside the house! I love when it explodes or (if it explodes.) I just don't like it when it bubbles and the cork screw doesn't go anywhere, but it only makes me want to try harder to get the right ratio of baking soda and vinegar in the test tube.

Three interesting facts are...
* If you put baking soda and water on the cork screw, it fly's farther! :)
* Test tubes brake easily if you don't hold them correctly!
* You need to have good aim and a smart brain to make the cork screw hit the window!

Overall this was a cool lab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: